H50 Verify and modify heatcurve temperatures

Discuss Raspberry Pi / Linux development using the H1-Interface

Moderator: Peter

H50 Verify and modify heatcurve temperatures

Postby edsub » Thu Nov 09, 2017 22:47

I would like to verify and modify the temperatures per heatcurve.
I know I can do that on the heatpump itself, but that is rather tedious.
I have an IVT Greenline HT7+ used with underfloor heating.
I am not satisfied with the current heatcurves, I like them to be flatter, so the idea is to modify 2 or 3 existing heatcurves (eg 6, 7 and 8) to values that make more sense (ie steeper to 30degrees and then flatten to 35degrees).

Is that possible with from a shell on the H50 RaspberryPi ?
edsub
Nykomling

Re: H50 Verify and modify heatcurve temperatures

Postby edsub » Tue Nov 14, 2017 23:27

Well, by studying the statlink.py that is on the H50 RPi and the H1 Development manual, I figured out on how to programatically set the heatcurve and heatcurvefineadjust.
The purpose for me (now) is twofold
1. The Husdata portal only allows to set the heatcurve between 1 and 8. And I have defined a custom heatcurve at #10. Now I can set this level too.
2. I control my house using Domoticz. From a convenience point of view I like to also be able to control the heatpump from Domoticz.

I built a small Python script 'h50cmd.py', see attachment.
Just putting this on the H50 would havebeen an option, but: then there would always be a chance that future upgrades of the H50 would affect my script. As my prime purpose is to control the heatpump (via the H50) from Domoticz, I decided to store 'h50cmd.py' on the RPi on which Domoticz is running and upon execution time, run the script on the (remote) H50.
This is done via some nifty (thanks Google) piping and redirectioning:
Code: Select all
cat h50cmd.py | ssh pi@192.168.8.100 python - >>h50cmd.log -m $1 -s $2 -v $3

(note: 192.168.8.100 is the H50 RPi to which I created a SSH link before, using private/public keys)
See attached 'h50cmd.sh' shell script

I also stored 'h50cmd.sh' in the /home/pi folder on the Domoticz RPi. In order to run it from Domoticz (upon activating a 'dummy' switch, and to avoid that the Domoticz webserver has to wait for the script to respond, I created another shell script in the /home/pi/domoticz/scripts folder: 'exec.sh'

Now, when I assign the command
script://exec.sh h50cmd set fineadjust 1
to a Swith/Selectorswitch in Domoticz, clicking that switch makes the heatcurve fineadjust to be set immediately on the heatpump to "+1 degree Celcius.
Similarly command
script://exec.sh h50cmd set heatcurve 4
assigned to another Switch/Selectorswitch in Domoticz, clicking that switch makes the heatcurve setting change immediately on the heatpump to 4.

See attached picture.

Next step is to modify heatcurve temperatures programmatically (not from Domoticz ofcourse as that is not something that should be done more than 'once'....
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Domoticz selectorswitches
Capture.PNG (28.24 KiB) Viewed 10 times
h50cmd.zip
Scripts zip archive
(2.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
edsub
Nykomling

Return to H1 and Raspberry Pi